I am Chris McCall, a senior web developer located in Maryland.
Contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Node.js and relevant back-end frameworks such as express, underscore/lodash, passport, mongoose, socket.io, async, bunyan
- Unit testing/TDD with jasmine, mocha, sinon, Istanbul, npm
- Database experience in SQL (Oracle 12c, MySQL, SQL Server 2000) and NoSQL (MongoDB) deployments including light administration, query/procedure authoring, and table design
- DevOps infrastructure development and support using Vagrant, VirtualBox, Chef, Puppet, shell script (bash) with continuous integration (Jenkins CI)
- Platforms: Mac OS X, Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu), Windows 7/8
- Java frameworks/app servers: Spring, J2EE, Hibernate, TopLink, JPQL, JSP, Jersey, Sitemesh, JAXB, JAXRS, Log4j, JDBC. Weblogic 12c, Glassfish, JBoss
- Ruby/Cucumber acceptance testing using a Selenium/PhantomJS testrunner framework
- Source control experience using git (GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket), svn
- Web security experience including safeguards against XSS, CSRF, SQL Injection, MITMA
- Strong teamwork, communication, and collaboration
- Defect tracking, management, and rectification with several tool suites (Atlassian tools, Rally, Rational)
- Experience building and maintaining Windows, Linux (CentOS), and Mac OS X based client systems
- Web security experience including safeguards against XSS, CSRF, SQL Injection, MITM attacks, etc.
- Experience developing under Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Interviewed and guided junior developers to becoming productive staff members
- Documentation: code, feature specs, product docs, and client deliverables
- Aided in proposal work including technical and non-technical information for a variety of audiences
- Developed NodeJS-based RESTful endpoints and heavy JSON manipulation in support of Dept. of Veterans Affairs (VA) eHMP clinical web application intended to replace legacy medical GUI
- Implemented REST-based integration with business process management (BPM) engine for clinical workflows
- Redesigned Dept. of Veterans Affairs patient data portal architecture based on modern Java development standards
- Developed internal NodeJS-based internal time tracking application both consuming and producing RESTful APIs
- Developed open source Java code in support of a veteran’s health data application to enable downloading of personal health data
- Involved in technology, architecture, code certification, and discussion groups in the creation of an open source alliance supporting VA software
- Chief developer of new features on legacy codebase for a healthcare educational course
- Developed and architected open-source Personal Health Record website product with a Java technology stack over all tiers of the application
- Developed internal code for an open-source medical practice management solution implementing HL7 messaging to communicate with electronic medical record systems via a Mirth channel
- Developed a health record parsing application to query XML-based healthcare data sources and transform the document to relational data format following interoperability specifications
- Developed new functionality for the medicare.gov website for a widely distributed, low tech audience with special usability needs
- Professional employment 2007 - Current. Specifics available upon request.
- B.S. Computer Science, University of Maryland Baltimore County. 2003-2007.